Friday, May 18, 2012

A wonderful quilt for her son....

How exciting to get a picture from Rori Jensen today!  Here's a picture of her son's new quilt and what she said,

Hello Lynda,

I finished the graduation quilt for my son and presented it to him yesterday and posted pictures on my Facebook page.  He is graduating from San Diego State University today and we are so proud. 

I used the V-block ruler from Deb Tucker, for the stars,  and it worked beautifully.  I needed to add two rows to make it longer and I added some more connector blocks.  I am very pleased with the results and thank you for creating a wonderful pattern.  I can't wait to get started on the other patterns I have purchased from you.

He is graduating with a Social Science degree from San Diego State with a goal of teaching high school History, Economics, US Government and Geography.  I used Civil War Reproduction fabrics as that is is favorite time in history.


Thanks again,
Rori

This quilt is called They'll be Coming Around the Mountain.  I love that you used tools that made this easy to make, that you added additional rows to make it special for him and especially love the look on his face.  A job well done Mom!  Congratulations to your son and I can just imagine how proud you are of him.


1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

She did a beautiful job on the quilt, love the colors. Something different and more to a young adults liking.

Debbie