Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday Everyone

It's so hard to believe it's April already...but, it's a fact!  I've posted my April Calendar picture at the top of my blog and it just seems right that "A Little Porch Time", my book published by the Kansas City Star is on the calendar.  It's a perfect time of year to sit on the porch and watch the birds.  We have so many baby birds in our yard right now and we love watching the parents teach their little ones where the worms are.  We have baby wrens, chickadees, titmice, cardinals and saw yesterday where a mocking bird had layed 3 eggs in her nest.  We have another mommy wren sitting on 3 eggs in her nest too.  The bluebirds and flycatchers have been visiting.  We said goodbye to the robins and cedar waxwings and just about all the gold finches are gone now.  They left saying they would see us again next year.

Cold Days seem to be behind all of us, but not here at Primitive Pieces by Lynda.  The magazine, Primitive Quilts and Projects first edition is out of print, so Cold Days has a new look.   This pattern will be sold on the patterns page of my website in the next week or so.  Chelsie worked her magic again and I'm really excited with the new look.  I meet with my printer guy on Tuesday to finalize and print the covers.  I'm very excited to share this new pattern with each of you that perhaps didn't get the magazine.  Here's how the new cover will look........YOU are the first to see it!


Watch the website patterns page....when you see it listed you will be able to purchase it fom there.  All the original kits have been sold from the magazine article, but I am still making them.  A special thank you to everyone that has purchased a kit.  I hope you will send me a picture of yours to share.

Until next time, Happy Easter to all of you. 

Lynda

9 comments:

Shakerwood said...

A little porch time is right!! Love that book, btw!

Carol said...

Lynda it's wonderful...you and Chelsie did a fantastic job! Clapping for you both!

WoolenSails said...

I never got a chance to make the snowmen, so that will be a project I can make for next year. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter.

Debbie

Vivian said...

Well I am EXCITED!!! And I'm even more excited to learn that kits can be an option. Yay!! I see this year's birthday present to myself.

Pat from Florida said...

You, too, are being hit by these back-link hacks! They hit my bog too. Change your settings to 'new posts do not have backlinks' or some such to get rid of the gremlins. I posted on my blog about it a couple days ago with more details.

~*~Leanne~*~ said...

Hi Lynda,
I love your snowmen!!! I've been looking all over for the magazine and couldn't find it. I can't wait for the pattern!
Enjoy your weekend,
Leanne

The Wooden Acorn said...

Hi Lynda,

I saw your snowmen design at the Cincinnati Quilt Show last week which was done up beautifully by one of the vendors there. So sweet. Love your work and your patterns.

Carol said...

I think i want the kit, how do I get it?

Unknown said...

I received a non-reply message on May 16th, saying they wanted a Cold Days kit...I cannot reply to a non-reply message so if you are the one wanting this, please email me at piecemaker51@aol.com so I can get back with you...Thanks so much! Lynda