Monday, September 12, 2011

While picking out fabric for kits......

for the classes I'll be teaching at the Georgia Quilt Show, I found it was easier to take the fabrics down off the shelves and look through them.  Of course, while doing that look what happened?  Cleaned up shelves for me!  Life is good!



Yellows - from light cream to dark yellow (brown)

                                       The blues got a new shelf that had warped...
                                              Thanks Pa!  You are the best!



                           Well, it's almost done!  Green & Orange are next!
Thanks for all the inspiration to do this from hearing from so many of you on facebook that were cleaning up their space..........Kits are in the works and I'm excited about teaching in Georgia next month!  Until next time,

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh I have stash envy!! What a wonderful collection to grab from!

Julee said...

You win, you have the most fabric. I also cleaned up my closet shelves last week. It started when I was looking for some older fabrics to make bindings for several quilt tops. I knew I had it in there somewhere just had to clean it up....next question is how long will it stay that way??? LOL enjoy your blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh man.....loving your stash and style!!! Also....OMG...that header with Fall Guy! He is a must have!!

WoolenSails said...

I would never leave my room if I had stash like that, lol. I always organize what i have, but still end up redoing it, love how you did yours by color.

Debbie

Sharon said...

When I retire I just want to move into your studio! It looks great and when the colder shorter days come, you'll be all ready with a nice organized stash.

Yankee Valley Stitcher said...

Oh would I love to dive into that stash!! Looks like tons o' fun!! Thanks for the peek:)

Robyn of Robyns Nest said...

OMG,OMG,OMG, what a huge fabric stash you have!It looks like heaven to me

Appalachian Mercantile said...

Have fun in Georgia! I'm sure the weather will be great. Great fabric colors! :)

Dorothy said...

That is massive but isn't it nice to be able to see what you have. I colour stack mine and a refold always finds forgotten pieces.

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

That's impressive! Can you come and do mine next? Pretty please???

Gayle said...

Very inspiring to see those tidy, organized shelves of fabric. There might be hope for me YET! LOL

Gloria said...

Oh my, I'm drooling here!! What a wonderful stash assortment you have!!

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

The shelves of fabric look great. How wonderful to have so much storage space for fabric goodies. Kimber