Monday, November 2, 2009

Cobwebs and all...........




It's so hard for me to choose which holiday is my favorite.....Well,  Christmas tops the list, but Halloween has to be number 2.  What's really fun about halloween is it's the only holiday you don't have to clean your house for..........cobwebs are required!  And, as you can see, I didn't get around to cleaning up for this one at all.....cobwebs were everywhere.
Small pumpkins make the best lit up words and B O O is a must have when the lights are low.  I was invited to go trick or treating this year with Becca and Sarah.....Becca was a wonderful Spiderella........just look at those beautiful eyes all a glow!  And, little Sarah was Strawberry Cake-cake (shortcake) with red hair and freckles.....she was just too cute.  No one knew I was going to dress up too......so it was a surprise when Becca opened the door and saw me.  She giggled and said, "Gramma, who are you supposed to be?"  lol   It was a last minute decision, but I put together a little girl outfit and told her my mommy dressed me in my nightgown, put a bow in my hair and told me to mind my manners when I received candy at the doors.  I carried my dolly, blankee and I had an all day sucker I made.  Sarah and I both had freckles on our faces.   Bryan, our youngest son, said I was a nut-job or fruit cake, can't remember now (lol)......but we had a great time.  Who says you can't be 60 and still have fun?  After the trick-or-treating we all went back to our house for the annual halloween bon-fire party where we met the rest of the family.  I think there were 20 of us in all............. And, some very strange people showed up as well and just took over my porch!

It was a very fun holiday..........I hope you had a wonderful time too! Please share what you did with the rest of us.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Good for you! A memory maker with your lil'ones for sure.

Carol said...

Very, very fun!

Carin said...

I love to dress up! Great job.