Monday, August 24, 2009

I just keep trying.............
















I am leaving Wednesday for Reardon, Washington. I will be teaching at the Buggy Barn - Thursday and Friday of this week. Gathering Baskets has popped up on several sights and Quilt Hollow posted a partial picture of her friends quilt just last week (Thank you!), so thought I would post a picture along with It's a Crock! I'll be teaching classes on both of these pieces - Thursday and Friday of this week. I'll share pictures when I return.

I wanted to write a note with the smile box.......but my fingers were quicker than my brain it seems. Primitive Youngins was published last fall. I've had so many people ask about it recently that I thought I would post it for everyone to see.

It's a 6 project book of smaller quilts that are named "games" we used to play as children. Perhaps it will take you down memory lane - if only for a little while!

I am working on the new patterns, trying to get a smile box of that made too. I will post it as soon as my pattern club members have gotten a chance to see it....they always see things first.

12 comments:

Stina Blomgren said...

That quilt is a real beauty!!! Saw it on Mary´s blog and fell in love with it..:o))

Shakerwood said...

I was wondering which pattern that was. It looked like your work but couldn't place it. Obviously I haven't bought that one yet! I hope "It's a Crock" is one of the new small wool patterns coming out soon that you keep teasing about.

Anonymous said...

Oh...thanks for that shout out! Too fun!

Behind My Picket Fence said...

Lynda - I've been a fan of yours for years. You have such creative, primitive ideas. I had hoped to meet you at Prims of the Midwest this summer but had to cancel at the last minute. Thank goodness I have the kit for the wool runner you picture on the blog. Have fun at the BARN!

In Awe of Applique said...

Lynda-so excited that you will be in my neck of the woods...just sorry I won't be taking your class (sigh)but I will be happy to travel to see all the glorious quilts at the Buggy Barn on Saturday...hope you have a good trip!!

Libby said...

Such delicious projects . . . . Buggy Barn is on my dream list *s*

Gail said...

Buggy Barn is on my dream list, too. It's raining this morning (aahahhh!) and I'm working on my Aunt Maggie's Dancing Shoes. One of my childhood friends was Maggie so I am thinking of her while making this quilt. Who is the real Aunt Maggie?
Have fun @ Buggy Barn.
Best regards from Gail in Washington State

Unknown said...

Gail - Aunt Maggie was my Grampa Cameron's only sister. There were lots of boys, I think 7 or 8 and only the one girl. She and my gramma (that would make them sister-in-laws) went to barn dances together. Grampa always thought the children needed a chaperone and he didn't dance. Gramma and Great Aunt Maggie both loved to dance the highland fling. Mom says they were very good too. Not knowing about highland anything I just take her word for it. lol

Friends are wonderful. Glad you have a Maggie too!

Gypsy Threads said...

Oh goodie! I am so looking forward to what you will be doing next! I am addicted to your work, it really speaks to my soul!

Christine said...

I saw Gatering Baskets hanging in Quilts Plus in Indianapolis on Monday. It's crazy beautiful!

Kim Brackett said...

Can you pick me up on your way to Buggy Barn?

I saw the basket quilt over at Quilt Hollow -- it's gorgeous!

AllisonK said...

Both are stunning!!! I can't wait to get the patterns.