Monday, August 31, 2009

HOME AGAIN.............












I'm not sure I'm running on all cylinder's right now, but wanted to post how much fun I had at the Buggy Barn. It was a very long flight - 3 planes each way. Not sure how many hours I was on those planes with the time changing with each flight, but felt like it was two days worth of traveling in one day!

Janet and Pam are gracious hosts and their staff is just marvelous. Everything was taken care of for all of the teachers and everyone was very kind. The Buggy Barn is situated in the town of Reardon - 20 minutes from Spokane - right in the middle of wheat fields. I didn't get to stay for the quilt show, but some of the gals said they would send me pictures to post. I'm sure you can see some on the Buggy Barn website as soon as they can arrange that.

Classes were very fun. The group picture on the left is the Gathering Baskets class, which was held at the town grange hall. The group on the right was the It's a Crock class, which was held in the community center. Kelly, I'm sorry you and your friend couldn't make it to the barn this year. You were missed. Perhaps next time!

I was a typical tourist.....took pictures from the plane! lol Arriving in Salt Lake City was beautiful. I was able to see the Grand Canyon and Colorado River on the way back near Phoenix, Arizona. Perhaps one day I'll get to stay in each of the cities I flew into and explore a little.

I will be posting all the pictures on my website soon so I hope you will go take a look see. I will post a link to the gazette page so click on it and you will be able to see them.

If you ever get a chance to travel to the Buggy Barn - you won't be disappointed.
It's a small shop that is just full of the right stuff for all of us primitive lovers. I would feel very confident in emailing or calling them to send me a dozen or so reds (or any color) and know they would send exactly what I wanted. Oh, and you'll want to keep an eye out for their newest fabric lines........yum!

4 comments:

Irishgirlsews said...

Welcome Home, weary traveler, yes indeed Janet & Pam are so very kind, I used to drive 5 hours to get to their shop, well worth it too. A beautiful area, much dryer & colder than the "wet" side of the mountains.
Wendy

Gayle said...

Lynda - I'm glad you enjoyed flying into SLC - Utah is my home and I hope you can come for a longer visit some day to see how beautiful it is here. Everything from red rock deserts, to high mountain forests! LOVE it!

Carol said...

Looks like you had great classes...how fun!

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Lynda,
Glad your home safe, wish I was in those pictures, maybe next year!!! You are so right on about The Barn Chicks, I missed being there.
Love the picture of you and Maggie, she has been my favorite teacher at their annual gathering. Looks like all your students had lots of fun with you.